Guided Reading

Guided Reading
Guided Reading



More about me!!

I thought it would be a great idea for me to share a little more about me to you guys! I was way too late to join the recent linky party, but better late than never right?

I was born, raised, and still live in a mid-size rural Missouri town, Sedalia! We are almost smack-dab in the middle of the state so within a few hours to the East we can make it to St. Louis or a couple of hours to the West and we'll be in Kansas City!

Here's a picture of my sister, my mom, and I at my wedding! 
My dad passed away when I was 17 so we are very close...

I started working at Kmart when I was 17 and stayed on throughout college and student teaching!  It was a lot of fun and boy do you get to work on your people skills! 

I married my husband March 15, 2008.  It's also his birthday so he does get the short end of the stick! ;)  However, this way he'll never forget the date- ehh?!

We don't have any kiddos of our own (working on that!)  However, I have two beautiful nieces that I spend time with everyday!  They are amazing little girls, Lolah & Vaida!

I do have to admit I have an obsession with cars & houses!  It's a very expensive habit I might add!  My husband said we're not moving again so I settled for a different car!  I just got it and it's a little too "smart" for me!  I have managed to drive around with my hazard lights on every day for a few's touch activated and happens to be directly under the radio...hello?  They should have had a woman help them with the design!!  Even though... I love it!

My husband and I love watching football and enjoy going to games!  Here's a picture I took of Dwayne Bowe last year....yeah I'm a Chiefs Fan!!

Some more of my loves....


You might be surprised that I got my first laptop only last Summer!
How did I ever live without this thing?

I love sunflower seeds.  I don't think they are the healthiest snack when you can eat them by the bag!  My husband calls me squirrel when I start in on the seeds!

My new phone that is also way too "smart" for me! I am getting over that it appears to be the size of a book, but it's great for surfing TpT!

Now don't judge... but I love watching the Young and the Restless!  Drama!!


Of course TpT has to be on this list. I mentioned in the forums that tpt-ing is a new verb!
Why the refresh button you say? Well I'm fairly certain I hit refresh on
TpT about a million times per day!!

TeachersPayTeachers  - Lesson Plans,Teaching Materials and Other Teacher-Created Resources

Of course I couldn't leave out Pinterest!! By the way when do you think spell checkers will stop highlighting the word Pinterest??

I also LOVE the beach but way too scared to leave the United States! 

I love my family & my friends... and..

I have always wanted to be a teacher.  Every since I was a little girl I played "school" and kept a grade book!  I would also take the kids out for recess and yell at them in the yard while blowing my whistle!  I'm sure my neighbors thought I needed a friend! Teaching is my passion and everyday I strive to be a better teacher than I was the day before.  A great teacher is willing to learn and grow...just like what we expect from our students!


  1. Hey fellow Missourian! My coblogger and I are Kansas City people!
    We look forward to reading your future posts.


  2. Yay! I love meeting new fellow Missourians!

  3. I love Y and R! It is on at 9:00 pm on SoapNet and is my "relaxation" after a hard day of teaching! :)

  4. I have really good family friends from Tipton!!! I have been to their farm many times - although not for over 12 years. They run a fescue seed mill there. I know how growing up in a 'small' town can be, but I know Sedalia is a tiny drive from there so you may not know them. Still, small world :-)

  5. It really is a small world! Tipton is a great little town! We travel through there often!